Are you a business owner that has dreamed of having a sidewalk patio in front of your business? Make your dream come true this coming summer season!
Contact the West End BIZ and we can help with your patio application with the City of Winnipeg. We will assist you throughout the process from beginning to end.
The West End BIZ will provide assistance preparing:
– A detailed patio layout plan
– Photos or sketches of fencing and furniture for patio including associated hardware to be used for installation
– Authorization letter from the property owner if it is different from the business owner
– Intended occupant load of patio
– Location of exit (egress) routes from patio and exit widths
We’ll need the following information from you:
– Name and telephone number
– The number of existing washrooms in the restaurant including a list of toilets, urinals and sinks in each. Additionally, the information must note if the bathrooms are barrier free or not
– Existing occupant load of restaurant
– Site plan
– Key plan
– Restaurant floor plan
The approval of patio encroachment applications will depend on how closely the proposed patio meets the City of Winnipeg’s requirements. For example, locations with very narrow sidewalks are likely to be unsuitable for a patio. Ideally the sidewalk should be wide enough to accommodate the patio while still leaving at least 1.5 meters (5 ft.) for pedestrian traffic. Not to worry though, the West End BIZ can help you assess the suitability of your specific location for an outdoor patio.
Contact the West End BIZ (by phone at 204-954-7900 or by email at email@example.com) to schedule a meeting to talk about the application process. Please keep in mind that once a completed application is submitted to the City of Winnipeg it can take two months or more for a final decision to be made. Keep these timelines in mind when planning your patio for this summer. The sooner you can get in touch with the BIZ the faster we can assist you with preparing your application.
Please note that the final decision regarding the approval of your application is made by designated City of Winnipeg officers. Therefore, the West End BIZ cannot guarantee that your application will be approved. However, we will ensure, to the best of our ability, that your application includes all the required information in order to reduce delays as much as possible.
It won’t be winter forever (we’re pretty sure), give us a call today and we can help you begin the patio permit process today!
For more information here’s how you can reach us:
By phone: (204)-954-7900
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org